Sunday, April 10, 2011

We get on.

I shot a wedding last night, and it kind of made me sad. It was really cute and simple and friendly, and it just made me imagine what my wedding will be like one day. If I ever have one. I know I'm still young, but I feel like I won't ever find anyone. I'm not good enough for anyone.
It's sort of this complex I've always had.
No, I'm not saying I'm anxious to get married, obviously I'm not. I want to live my life first, but I don't want to live it alone.
I just want someone who I care about more than myself, who feels the same way.
But thinking about it just makes me sad and anxious so I'm going to stop.
Things will happen when they're meant to happen, and I need to have faith in that.
I've just got to be patient standing by in the mean time.
I hate being patient.

Simply knowing you exist ain't good enough for me

But asking for your telephone number
Seems highly inappropriate
Seeing as, I can't
Even say hi
When you walk by
And that time you shook my hand, it felt so nice
I swear I never feel this way about any other guy
And I never usually notice people's eyes, but....

I conducted a plan to bump in to you most accidentally
But I was walking along and I bumped into you
Much more heavily than I'd originally planned
It was, well, embarrassing
And I think you thought that I was a bit of a twat
I just think that we'd get on
I wish I could tell you face to face

Instead of singing this stupid song
But yeah, I just think that we might get on
So I went to that party and everyone
They were kind of art-y
And I was wearing this dress
Because I wanted to impress
But I wasn't sure if I looked my best
'Cause I was so nervous

But I carried on regardless
Strutting through each room trying to find you
And when I saw you kissing that girl
My heart, it shattered
And my eyes, they watered
And when I tried to speak, I stuttered
And my friends were like "Whatever!
You'll find someone better!
His eyes were way too close together!
And we never even liked him from the start!
And now he's with that tart
And I heard she's done some really nasty stuff
Down in the park with Michael
He said she's easy
And if your guy's with someone that's sleazy
Then he ain't worth your time

'Cause you deserve a real nice guy!"
So I proceeded to get drunk and to cry
And lock myself in the toilets for the entire night
Saturday night I watched channel five
I particularly liked CSI
I don't ever dream about you and me
I don't ever make up stuff about you and me
Because that is insanity
I don't ever drive by your house to see if you're in
I don't even have an opinion on that tramp that you're still seeing
I don't know your timetable
I don't know your face off by heart
But I must admit that there is still a part of me that still thinks
That we might get on

No comments:

Post a Comment