Sunday, July 5, 2009

my 4th, in a nut shell.

For the first time that I can remember, a guy called me pretty. Not "you look pretty", not "your eyes are so pretty", not some sort of awkward mandatory compliment, not as an online picture comment. But actually looking me straight in the face and saying "mary, you're pretty". I don't know, it doesn't seem like a big deal to you probably, but it is for me. I think everyone needs to hear that once in a while.

So anyway, today was freaking amazingggg. We all went to kyles (Me, Heather, Erin, My LIL BRO, Cliff, Bobby, Dustin even though he lives there, this kid Mike, and Kyle's BFF Josh from Tampa), even though he had to work (LAME), and went swimming, and then we headed over to venitian gardens early to watch the fireworks. It took us forever to find a spot, and we finally found a place near the water and laid down my tiger blanket and some sheets. Seth, Julie, Liz, MK, and Austin came to visit us from the baseball feild, and it was a good time. Then they left, and we all played some volleyball (badly). Theeeeen it was time for fireworks, and we didn't know where they were going to go off, and they just started going off like right above us. We seriously had the best spot ever. The fireworks were wonderful, and lasted a lonnnnng time. And then we went to go back to Kyles, got STUCK IN TRAFIC, UGH. Josh found my Now 4 cd in the back seat, and that pretty much saved us, because my music selection SUCKS for large ammounts of people (Jack Johnson and Bob Dylan can only get you so far). Thennnn we went swimming some more, Kyle joined us this time since he was off work FINALLY. And we went to Denny's at 3:30 in the morning, and Erin bought me pancake puppies because she is the BEST, and we saw LASHAWNDA there, but she didn't remember Erin oh nooo.

I love my friends, they are the best people in the whole world :) even little Zacky is getting better. Even though every FREAKING WORD OUT OF HIS MOUTH IS THE F WORD. Geeze, work on the vocab Zack (AND Dustin AND Josh).

All in all, it was probably the best 4th of july I can ever remember having. I love my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment