Sunday, July 26, 2009

come with us now on a journey through time and space

So I'm lost again on what I want to be when I "grow up". I don't have a lot of time to decide or anything, college applications are going to come and go super fast. I'm rethinking art school serioulsy. I wish I could go away to London for art school. It would be nice, I'd be right at the Tate, and I know some really cool galleries around there. I wish. If only I had really ridiculously rich parents... or grandparents. Or rich anything. I don't know. I do know that I started painting for my AP portfolio (FINALLY) today. I started painting an eye, and I'm pretty happy with it, but the rest of the face is pretty rough at the moment.
I'm just mostly afraid I don't have what it takes. I'm not some crazy druggie who has visions that they can translate onto paper, and I'm not some insane realist who can draw as good as a photo. I'm just floating around somewhere in the middle. I don't want to make the wrong choice. I don't want some mundane life, I want an exciting life, like idk, art shows in bakeries and nonsense. I just don't know about myself anymore.

1 comment:

  1. I believe in you Mary. You're an amazing person to be around, and gifted with artistic abilities. I'm sure you'll figure out what you want to be. And you deff. have what it takes to succeed in whatever you decide to be. :]

    ReplyDelete