Sunday, August 23, 2009

Goodnight Summer.

This has been the most amazing summer of my life. I made a ton of new friends, got closer with old friends, and got closer to God. Between after youth sleepovers, two camps, movie nights, ice cream days, beach days, going to the movies with stevi, Scars for Stories concerts, middle school youth events, other random fun days, and a few lazy days to recoup, there was hardly a dull moment. I got to know a lot of amazing people alot better, like Lindsey Lyall, the Adkins, Hannah Bear, and Dustin Schlosser; I got to reconnect with Sherilyn Hunter and Julie Wright; and even though we had a couple of rough patches, I love my best friend more than ever! My church fell apart, but a new one is "rising from its ashes", and even though we don't have youth group right now, we are trying our hardest to keep hanging out, and to stay a close knit group of God loving people, so that when the new Youth Group gets up and going we can be stronger than ever! I took up guitar again this summer, rediscovered my love of singing, and painted what I think is some of my best work so far! I've been blessed in too many ways to count this summer, and I have a feeling that this school year is going to be just as good, no matter how anxious and scared I am of growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment